Saturday, 25 October 2014

Unit 33 evaluation prep

 We have chosen to do a cut out stop motion animation about The history of stop motion, Josh and Arran have chosen what they was going to do and I know what I was going to do. Josh was first with his 30 seconds of his stop motion animation and I was second so I have chosen the game of Fifa , Sonic and Mine craft, We all wanted to make our stop motion funny because we just wanted to make our stop motion funny and different from everyone else also we wanted to make everyone laugh as well with the explosion blowing up everything. Our goal was to make people laugh because our stop motion animation is funny and unusual with the explosion in the stop motion animation. Yes I think we have achieved our goal because we all have 30 second each of our stop motion animation, we all have 4/5 or more sounds for our stop motion animation.

The best bit in my stop motion animation I would say is the sonic. The reason why I have chosen sonic is because there is more detail in the drawing, there are explosion when you do not expect it, the sound when sonic is collecting the ring and losing the rings. It is like the real game but there are explosion that makes it different and funny. The character is good as well as it look like sonic also the story line is good because when you all watch it you think it is a ordinary sonic game but at the end there is explosion that changes the whole story line and make it hilarious for the viewers. In my opinion I think that my weakest bit is the Mine craft stop motion animation the reason why I think that is because it is too short and quick 

The target audience for our stop motion animation is for teen/ gamers the reason why I have chosen the target audience is because my stop motion animation is about games so it will be good for teens who play games (male/female) also gamers because they play game as well. Yes I think I have targeted the target audience because the screen shots shows that these are the game that they might use to play or still playing the game 

I have used a lot of different sound in my 30 second of the stop motion animation for example at the start my first game you can hear "EA SPORT TO THE GAME" then you can hear the crowd chanting, the player touching and shooting the ball, the sound of the ball hitting the net, for the sonic sounds you can hear the background music of sonic gameplay, the ring sound effect when sonic get the rings, sonic losing the rings sound effect, sonic yells sound effect, the bomb exploding sound effect and the game over sound effect and for the mine craft sound there is the the theme of the mine craft sound effect, the creeper sizzling sound effect and a explosion sound effect.  I think they are all successful because it goes with all the games I did  and it sound good .

screen shots:

                                    














 
 













Questions:


  • What did you think about the story line?
  • What did you think about the character design? 
  • Do they look like the exact character in the game?
  • Are the colours right for the character?
  • Does the target audience match with our stop motion animation?
  • Which bits could have been better? 
  • My target audience was for teens and gamers do you think it targets them? 






What were the common answers about the storyline?
The common answer about the story line was in their word ''great and good'' The reason why they put those words is because they understood our story line. our story line was a history of gaming and they all understood and liked the story line.


What were the common answers about the character design?
The common answer for the character design were ''good,great'' the reason why they have put those answer is because the character design looks like the original game character so they like it because they look the same they.


What were the common answers about the colours/drawings?
The common answer about colour and drawing are '' yes they look similar, perfect'' They have put those answer because the color for the character and the set design are exact as it is in the actual game. 


What were the common answers about the set?
The most common answer about the set is ''great and look exact as the original game'' what they mean was that the drawing of our stop motion set was exact as the original game and it was good. 



What were the common answers about what could be better?
The common answer about what could be better was ''The fade's in every game'' The reason why they have said that is because when my stop motion was chaining games and was doing our 30 second there was no transition it was just straight in to another game.


What were the common answers about the target audience?
The most common answer for the target audience was ''gamer and teens'' and I am OK with the answer because it is right, my stop motion animation is about games and the target audience is right for my stop motion.


Do you agree with the common answers; explain which parts you agree or disagree with and why.
Yes I agree in all of the answer because they are all right and true because they have put the story line was good and they understand it and i agree with that because everyone can understand it it is a stop motion for games. I agree with what they said about the character design because the character design was spot on with the original character in the game. I agree with all there answer.


Compare your stop motion to something similar, how does yours compare?
I would say that our stop motion compare with other game stop motion like pac man stop motion with post it notes but we did ours with paper cut out. it compare because it is all about games.



No comments:

Post a Comment